Last Updated: October 9, 2013
Collection of Information
Vizify may collect information about you in various ways.
First, we collect information you provide to us, such as when you create a Vizify account, purchase and/or use Vizify's services, subscribe to a Vizify newsletter or sign up to participate in a promotion, sweepstakes or survey offered by Vizify. The types of information we may collect include your email address, password, and any other contact, historical, demographic or other information you choose to provide.
Second, we may automatically collect certain information about you when you use the Site, including as follows:
- Log Information. We log information about how you use our Site, including your access times, browser types and language, internet service provider ("ISP"), referring/exit pages, platform type, number of clicks and Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons. We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device and using web beacons. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you can usually change your browser settings to remove and/or reject cookies. If you set your browser to remove or reject cookies, however, please note that our Site may not function properly.
Finally, we may also collect information about you from third parties and combine that with information we collect through our Site. For example, when you authorize Vizify to connect to certain third-party social networking sites, we will access information about you from those sites, including but not limited to your name, email address, photos, account information, friends lists, check-in histories, and other information you make available through status updates, tweets, stories, posts, or otherwise. We collect this information in accordance with the privacy policies and authorization procedures determined by third-party social networking sites in addition to the privacy settings you establish with these sites. For more information, please refer directly to the privacy policies of the relevant third-party social networking sites.
Use of Information
- Provide, maintain and improve the Site and our services and to deliver the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about our or third party products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events and provide other news and information about Vizify and our select partners;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Retain your preferences and account settings and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon;
- Personalize and improve the Site and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards; and
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Vizify may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
Disclosure of Information
Vizify will not sell or share personally identifiable information about you, except as follows:
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
- With other Vizify users or the general public in accordance with the privacy settings you establish through our Site (please see "Your Information Choices" below for information on how to manage your sharing preferences);
- When required by law, or if we have good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with current judicial proceedings, a court order or legal process served on us, (b) protect and defend our rights, property and interests, including by enforcing our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, or (c) protect the rights, property, and other interests of our users or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; or
- With your consent to share the information.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
Third Party Analytics
This Site may contain links to and portions of other sites. Vizify is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these other sites. Prior to accessing or using these sites, we encourage you to read the privacy statements of these sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Vizify.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Your Information Choices
Account Information. You may change your privacy settings and determine how much information will be shared with Vizify users and the general public at any time by logging into your account and changing the settings under the "Account Management" tab. You may update or correct information about yourself by logging into your account at any time or by emailing us at email@example.com. You may also email us if you wish to deactivate your account, but even after you deactivate your account, we may retain archived copies of information about you and your transactions for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Vizify by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Notification of Changes